Thursday, May 12, 2005

It's on!!

Well, it has been an interesting journey to get to where I am today. 2.5 years ago I raced my first XTERRA off-road triathlon race, and had the greatest time. Summer of 2004 I got much more serious, started working with a coach and training harder, and was fortunate enough to qualify for the USA Championships (top 8 in age group from the region). I then also came up with the crazy idea to take a few months off from work, and travel the US. Most people I told about this idea thought I was crazy, I thought it was the only way to live life!! Life is short, gotta play hard and have fun. So, I started saving money, and was all set financially to take the dive.

One last obstacle...what would work think? I talked to the big boss on Monday (May 9th)...and he verbally approved a 3 month sabbatical from work (July 5-Oct 3). I just heard rumors that he may try to reduce my time off by about a month, we will see if he approaches me to discuss it...I hope not!! It still needs to get approved by HR...but I am at 95% confidence that we are a go.

Now, time to start planning for the trip. I only have about a month and a half to get ready...and time flies with a busy spring/summer schedule. Yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home